I have been wanted to bake this Korean mochi bread for quite sometimes but did not take any action until a friend of mine ask about it. She sent me a pack of this Korean mochi bread premix and ask me to try. Thanks to LK for sending me the pack of Korean mochi bread premix. This premix is not cheap, a pack of 550g cost rm12.50.
本想老早就来玩玩这麻磁面包担是就一直没行动 :p 友LK拿一包韩式QQ面包预拌粉给我，就赶快试一试吧！!
|Nice looking little buns, my second ask me "mummy, its this some kind of DINO eggs??"|
Haha..what do you think? Do you feel the same as my second?
|My youngest wanted to give me photo a thumbs up but end up he is holding the Korean bread like holding a DINO EGG .. lols|
|Next thing he is up to is "mummy, can i eat this??"|
|Would you like to have a Korean Mochi bread ?|
|The inside of the Korean Mochi bread is almost hollow and it is soft and chewy, which we call it QQ.|
|Pre toast the black sesame seeds without oil in a saute pan.|
|Mixed and knead the ingredients into a dough.|
|Add in pre toasted black sesame seeds.|
|Dough is done, let it rest for 10 minutes. (The mixing cycle takes about 8-10minutes)|
|Roll each portions into a 42grams small balls.|
|Korean Mochi bread is done!!|
Recipe adapted from a fb friend - Pheony
I make 12 pieces from this recipe
200g Korean Mochi bread premix
50g bread/high protein flour
5g milk powder (I replace this with Parmesan cheese)
90g whole egg
50g corn oil
5g light soy sauce
30g black sesame seeds (dried toasted and let it cool)
- Pre fried the black sesame seeds without oil ahead. Set aisde to cool.
- Preheat oven at 170C.
- Add all the above ingredients into the mixing bowl. Mixed it into a dough. (i used my KA with dough hook to do the mixing and it took about 8 minutes)
- Add in black sesame seeds and continue mixed to combine. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes, covered.
- Divde the dough into small round balls about 40-42g per portion. Place in a greased baking tray and let it rest for another 10 minutes. (the dough is quite sticky to handle. Just spread some cooking oil on your hands to roll)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes take out the baking tray, lightly spray some water onto the bread. Bake for another 5 minutes. Again take out the baking tray, lightly spray the bread again. Bake for another 5 minutes again.
- Once the last 5 minutes is up, bake again for another 25-30 minutes then it is done :D
Little Thumbs Up (May)
Theme - MILK
Please join us!! To join, simply cook or bake any recipe with the theme of the month which is MILK for May 2014 and link with us at this post anytime until 31st May 2014 .
Don't forget your thumbs up or display this badge! Do make sure your post must be a current post peferably within this month. Please also mention Little Thumbs up on your post and link back to Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY or/and Tze from Awayofmind Bakery House For more detail, please see this
请用上'小拇子的标签吧！切记您的贴子必需是本月的新作品噢！也请把您的贴link回到Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY 和 Tze来自Awayofmind Bakery House
Next in June we are having our hostess, Jozelyn from Spice Up My Kitchen and her theme BUTTER!
接下来的6月份我们的主持是Jozelyn来自Spice Up My Kitchen，她的主题是“奶油、牛油”
Let us cook and bake and have fun together in this event. Everybody put your thumbs up!!